Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Tried It Tuesday - Valentine's Day or Halloween?

Tomorrow morning (after a 3:45am wake up, yayyy), I'll be on my way to visit Joe in California! But before that adventure, it looks like I'm linking up with Lake Shore Runner again for Tried It Tuesday! I attempted my first Pintrest-esque feat.

Enter foreboding music.

It went... decently.

I wanted to make this cut out heart t-shirt:



Ingredients (supplies?) were simple enough: chalk, scissors, paper, some sort of upper body clothing. I had the first three, and Old Navy graciously sold me a $4 tank for the fourth.

Let us proceed.

Step 1! Trace the heart, leaving a bit of a space between sides.



Step 2! Draw lines where you will cut.



Step 3! Cut!



Step 4! Pull the fabric so the cuts sort of hang loosely.

Step 5! Try on and realize that you did NOT actually cut out a heart but rather a skeletal rib cage. No longer will this be a Valentine's Day shirt... Hello, Halloween!


Any DIY fails?

8 comments:

  1. This turned out super cute! I, of course, would fail miserable if I attempted it, so I'll just pay about $30 for a similar one online ; )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thanks! My aunt told me it didn't look like a heart OR rib cage... more like feet.

      Delete
  2. Ummm all my DIY projects are fails. I have just come to accept that I am not a crafty individual haha. Have so much fun in California!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank ya, thank ya! I'd love to try some DIY furniture stuff, but that's a disaster waiting to happen.

      Delete
  3. I have MORE than enough DIY fails to my name, but this certainly doesn't look like a fail to me! It's so cute! Plus, Halloween is closer than valentines day anyway, right?! ;)

    xo!
    Kylie
    absolutelyarkansas.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And you're so right - it'll just be a multi-holiday top :)

      Delete
  4. I think this still kind of looks cute! Even if it's not a heart it looks cool and open backs are really popular now. I might have to try this out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Either way, it was fun to make, and I'll definitely wear it around :)

      Delete