You've heard of the "bro" - the muscle tanked, Friday-night-pre-drinking-weight-lifter grunting in the corner.
And then there's the "beauty queen" - music blaring, full face of makeup, going as fast as she possibly can, shaking the elliptical.
- Gym selfies are taken with Polaroid cameras.
- You have your iPod, they have their record players.
- They curl with their biceps and handlebar mustaches.
- They were planking before it was cool.
- Their water bottles contain PBR.
- Sets and reps are tracked on a typewriter.
- Hipster gym rats run on the treadmill ironically.
- They never work the leg press; skinny jeans won't allow for the movement.
- Nor do they do push ups; their thick rimmed glasses always fall forward.
- Don't ask where they got their running shoes - it's a pretty obscure store, you've probably never heard of it.
If a tree falls in the forest, and no one is around to hear it, does a hipster buy the album?