Monday, May 18, 2015

Gee, thanks a lot... But really. Thanks.

It all comes back to Him.

But first! A look into what I like to call "getting your money's worth."

This morning after an intense Bikram sweat sesh, I dripped my way to the nearest Starbucks for some refreshment. Raise your virtual hand if you are familiar with the Protein Bistro Box. If so, you know that contrary to the picture on the website, the peanut butter comes in a baggie.

Normal people may squeeze what they can from a delicate little corner hole.

NOT I. Exhibit A:



Between this and my poached egg eating habits, I don't know what's more embarrassing awesome.

Hokay, let's get to it.

God. He's pretty cool, and He doesn't hesitate to tell you what's what. A few days ago, I told you all about how I really hope my hip issue goes away now that my IT band is feeling better. It's not (well, it might be, and I might just be feeling post-foam rolling soreness, but that's besides the point).

"Proof of Foam Roll," circa 2015

I'm a sucker for signs, and I truly believe God speaks to us all - we just have to listen and be open to what He has to say. Last night, I was playing around online - whaaa? a blogger online? UNHEARD OF! - when my Facebook feed refreshed, and a friend had posted a lengthy status about why we experience weakness and suffering.

My dears, allow me to point you to 2 Corinthians:

"...but about myself, I will not boast, except about my weaknesses [...] Therefore, that I might not become too elated, a thorn in the flesh was given to me [...] to keep me from being too elated. Three times I begged the Lord about this, that it might leave me, but he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is made perfect in weakness." I will rather boast most gladly of my weaknesses in order that the power of Christ may dwell with me. Therefore, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and constraints, for the sake of Christ, for when I am weak, then I am strong."

We are nothing without Him. He gives us our abilities, and He can take them away. We are given sufferings to remind us that we need Him; we need to call upon Him and trust Him. We cannot get cocky with our accomplishments or "personal" achievements, because they all come back to Him. We are not self-sufficient (as much as we'd like to believe so).

Lord, thank You for the gentle reminder that I need You always.

No questions for this one. Just reflect, and happy Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment